Life In Maine
2022 - Fall Events in York & Ogunquit, Maine + Portsmouth, NH
Here are some fun events happening in Southern Maine & Portsmouth, NH this October:
- Sunday, October 2 – Legends, Ghosts & Graves Tour
Hosted by "Portsmouth Hauntings" author Roxie Zwicker, this is an extended ghost tour that visits historical sites that may be populated by ghosts and ghouls galore! Listen to Roxie as she tells tales of times past and recounts journal entries depicting the bone-chilling experiences of Portsmouth residents long past. @ The Press Room, 77 Daniel St, Portsmouth, NH
- Thursday, October 13 – Scary-oke
Join us for scary-oke to benefit the Portsmouth Halloween Parade! Wear your costume and join us at the Daniel Street Tavern for a night of ghoulish fun singing your heart out. Portsmouth Halloween Parade merchandise and tickets for raffle prizes will be for sale. A portion of all Jell-O shot sales will also benefit the parade! @ Daniel Street Tavern, 111 Daniel St, Portsmouth, NH
- Saturday, October 22 – Pumpkin Smash!
Smash a pumpkin, support the parade! It’s that easy. Pick a pumpkin from the pile, choose from an arsenal of mallets, two by fours or the trusty ol’ Louisville Slugger and swing away. A Portsmouth Halloween tradition that has become the October catharsis of choice for young and old alike. Smashing implements supplied! @ Portsmouth Farmers’ Market, City Hall, 1 Junkins Ave, Portsmouth, NH - 8:00 am-12:00 pm
- Sunday, October 30 – Spooky Paddle Costume Contest
We are psyched to announce that Seacoast Paddleboard Club is hosting its Annual Seacoast Costume Parade & Contest at Pierce Island on Sunday October 30, 2022 which will support the parade.
Open to all paddle craft, this freakishly fun paddle will depart from the Pierce Island boat ramp at 10:00 am. While participating in this leisurely paddle parade, participants will have a chance to shock, spook, and delight our costume judges for a chance to win some amazing prizes! @ Peirce Island, Peirce Island, Portsmouth, NH - 10:00 am-11:30 am
View full list of events happening all month long!
- Saturday, October 15 - 37th Annual Harvestfest & Kidfest
Festival includes a variety of Adult & Kids activities, Live Music, Local Food Vendors, Juried & Marketplace Crafters @ York Beach Ball Field (near Short Sands Beach) - 9:00am-4:00pm.
View all details
- Fall for Ogunquit: October 1 - 31, 2022 | Lots of on-going events - View details.
- OgunquitFest Weekend: October 21 - 23, 2022 | Signature events are scheduled: a classic car show, huge craft fair, children's activities, Halloween-themed events, and the Dogtoberfest costume parade. We also have the unique: the High Heel Dash, a benefit for the Frannie Peabody Center. Activities and events occur throughout town.
View full schedule.